Carmel-by-the-Sea's Poet Emeritus - Robinson Jeffers described it best:
Divinely Superfluous Beauty
The storm-dances of gulls, the barking game of seals,
Over and under the ocean …Divinely superfluous beauty
Rules the games, presides over destinies, makes trees grow
And hills tower, waves fall. The incredible beauty of joy
Stars with fire the joining of lips, O let our loves too
Be joined, there is not a maiden
Burns and thirsts for love
More than my blood for you, by the shore of seals
while the wings Weave like a web in the air
Divinely superfluous beauty
- Robinson Jeffers
Now is your opportunity to experience and to own a home surrounded by the beauty that has inspired poets, writers, and artists for centuries.
Situated just above the charm and beauty of downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea sits this lovely newly expanded and completely re-modeled home. With ocean and tree top views from almost every vista---the main house of this extraordinary property offers privacy, serenity, space, warmth, authenticity and modern conveniences in all of its near 3,000sf. Evoking the essence of Carmel charm and the village life, the details are exceptional in this newly remodeled home. Only blocks to downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea and gorgeous Carmel beach, sited on 8,700sf, offering 5 beds, 4 baths, quality upgrades, including a remodeled stylish and timeless kitchen with natural stone countertops and hardwood floors. Complementing this storybook abode is a separate guest cottage, with a full bathroom and closet.
The Santa Rita home was designed to take full advantage of the vista from Point Lobos to the edges of Stillwater Cove. Just five homes off Ocean Avenue, the home is a short stroll to downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea and Carmel Beach.
Please come back to the site as we come to market with more photos and inforamtion about this fantastic opportunity.
Or call Jennifer now at (408) 835-4119.
*Ocean views from Pt. Lobos to Pebble -- in every room on the west side of the home!
* Significant Carmel Water credits – This home has the advantage of a significant number of the hard to get Carmel-by-the-Sea water credits allowing for the remodel to include beyond the ordinary: laundry sink, veggie sink in the kitchen, and a bar sink upstairs.
* The home is designed with an open concept, with a flow to the open kitchen, dining, and living room
* 48 inch Subzero built-in refrigerator
* 48 inch Wolf range
* Moen Motionsense kitchen faucet
* 36 inch Copper farmhouse kitchen sink
* Ceiling mounted recessed range hood
* Ocean view spiral staircase stretching from meditation room, to dining room, to upper deck with jaw dropping view of Pt. Lobos and beyond
* Lauzon engineered Maple wood floors
* Hand crafted veneer plaster walls - throughout home
* Vaulted wood ceilings
* Guest cottage - grandfathered, fully permitted, completely renovated
* Direct vent fireplace in guest cottage
* Direct vent fireplace in master bedroom
* Two car garage
* Ocean view from lower and upper level decks
* Direct vent fireplaces (linear fireplace in living room)
* Recessed lighting throughout
* Keyless entry
* Kolbe windows
* Coat closet and storage under stairs
* Finished basement cellar / meditation room - cedar wood finish from floor to ceiling
* Garage cabinets
* Electric car charger
* Skylights in living room and guesthouse
* High capacity separate tankless water heaters for main house and guesthouse
* Nest thermostat
Would you like to know your home's value? Free Home Value Report